Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Burning Barn



A sad night.
I got a phone call late at night from my brother telling me that our parents barn was on fire. My Mom was in Texas helping with Heath and Sarah's twins and my Dad had just left that day to go camping with his brothers. Life has been a little stressful lately and when I spoke to my Dad earlier that day the mood was melancholy. However, by the end of our conversation we were laughing and saying, "Things could always be worse". Whoops!
We all felt badly for our parents hearing the news over the phone about their barn. So many memories within those walls and many of Dads' sentimental possessions. My Dad had a special tack room in the barn where random and important conversations seem to occur. Tyler even asked my Dad if he could marry me out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment