Tuesday, April 21, 2009

SERVE.GOV


On April 21, 2009, My mom called me so excited.  She told me that President Obama signed the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act.  I had no idea what she was talking about.  She explained it to me and couldn't be happier.  

"During a time of almost unprecedented challenges it is critical that we all work together, the government alone cannot fix everything.  Working together in a sustained, collaborative effort, we can harness our greatest resource, our people, and change the course of history. 
This website is a new portal for you and all Americans to find your own ways to serve in your own communities.  Just choose your keyword - "education," "environment," or whatever interests you - and type in your zip code to see what opportunities our partner organizations have in your area.  Americans are putting their own country back on the right track, be a part of it."

SERVE.GOV - Be a Part of the Solution

 When I think of  "community service" my Mom is the first person  that comes to my mind.  She has always been a great example of someone that is continually trying to better the world, help the underdog, create opportunities for others, etc.  Log onto SERVE.GOV and find a large variety of ways that you can help serve your communities and our country!! To read highlights of The Serve America Act visit -

Highlights of the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act.

No comments:

Post a Comment