Saturday, March 14, 2009

forgotten poem

A couple of nights ago, I was looking in an old box and I came upon this poem that I had written for Tyler.  He had never seen it though, and I had forgotten all about it.  I wrote it in 1997 during our first IVF attempt.  We had no doubt that it would work perfectly... and I was going to give this poem to Tyler when it did.  Well, it did not work that time, and obviously I put some things away to save for a later date.  
However, six years, three more invitro's, and two pregnancies later we were a happy family of six.  Things may not go as planned... but it always goes, so hang on and enjoy the ride.

*
At seventeen I met the boy of my dreams,
Who soon became the man of my life.
Five years later on a warm spring day,
I became his beloved wife.

A new life as one, soul mates so true,
A sun, a moon, and soon a star.
Hopes, dreams, and goals shared by two,
I am so grateful for who you are.

Sex didn't work so a petri dish must do,
Two kind men helped mix our magical brew.
Shots, retrievals, sperm, oh my!
Our dreams are coming true... we've reached the sky!

An Irish and Italian,
Our genes have been mixed,
We've created fighters and lovers,
Oh! What a fix!!!

In my womb our babies will grow,
Is there one or two?
In four months I'll begin to show
Then five months later I'll be due!

Our family of two is expanding,
The Lord is blessing us from above,
So take my hand and hold me tight,
As we raise our children with love.

Congratulations Daddy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment