Thursday, March 12, 2009

"wood obsession"

If you know Finnegan, you know that when he gets something in his mind, that's it... it becomes an obsession.  However, once he has his fill, he can move on quite easily.  One day, during the month of  February, Finn decided he wanted to build something out of wood.  The focus and drive was there, now I just needed wood.  It was a Saturday and by the time I realized I could no longer distract Finn from wood, every "wood supply" store was closed.  So, I found some large chunks of wood in a field, loaded it my car, drove home, gave it to Tyler, and said "have fun".  Well, it was the worst, wettest piece of wood in Provo.  It caused a lot of heartache and hours of wasted effort.
So, on Valentine's Day, Finnegan got some "quality" wood and he and his Dad painted and nailed together a great tool box.




Pap and Noni had also heard about Finnegan's obsession and showed up with some "buck poles", so Finn could build part of a fence with his Pap.  He sawed and hammered and loved every minute of it.  I never planned on having a miniature buck pole fence in my garage.  But then again... I never planned on having a bulldog, or a cat that was given to my kids by my Mom when Tyler and I were out of town.  It all works out though.  Everyone's happy.




No comments:

Post a Comment